Yes, we can set up fields for a problem in Freshservice. Here are the steps to do it:
1. Navigate to Admin > Service Management > Service Desk Settings > Field Manager.
2. Under the Form Fields page, click on the Problem fields module.
3. Drag and drop the type of field you want to create (e.g. text, dropdown, checkbox, etc.).
4. Based on the field type selected, additional options will appear to define the field (e.g. default value, dropdown options, etc.).
5. Click on Save to save the field.
No, we currently do not support templates for Problems.
We can raise a problem request on behalf of a requester however requester will not be able to view the problem.
Yes. This can be achieved by navigating to Admin->Form Fields->Problem and click on the status field to add other statuses.
We do not allow renaming the default statuses however this option is available for custom statuses configured.
Currently, there isn't an approval workflow specifically for solutions in Freshservice. However, you can tie the problem containing the solution to a change request with a defined approval process via CAB. This can help ensure that any changes to the solution are approved before they are implemented.
You can also create a solution article to document the workaround or solution and share it with the relevant stakeholders.
We do not support public url for Problems. Agents with scope to Problem should have access to the problems.
This can be added under Admin->Form Fields->Problem Module, there you will be able to add dependent fields.
We do not support Dynamic field for Problem currently.
Yes, you can add tasks after creating a problem.
Custom status for Task is currently not supported.
Yes, we can configure “Notify Before” for due by which would notify the assigned agent for the task.
We currently do not have an option to notify a one day before the task completion date. The maximum time the notification can be sent before the task completion date is 2 hours.
This can be achieved by using Problem Workflow Automator.
Currently, tasks do not support custom statuses.
SLA applies only for Incident and Service Requests. Task due date could be set for a Problem.
Due date is the Resolution SLA for the task
Due by time can be pulled out using Analytics reporting module.
Workflows could be configured for problem based on Event matching certain condition to perform the actions.
You can enable notification from Admin>Email Notification>Problem Notification>Incident Associated to Problem.
You can disable Agent notification from Admin>Email Notification>Problem Notification>Incident Associated to Problem.
You can turn off the notification that is sent to the requester of a ticket when a problem is closed in Freshservice by
- Navigating to Admin > Account Settings > Email Notifications.
- Click on the Problems tab, and under the Requester Notification section, toggle OFF the Notify Requester when Problem is Closed option.
Currently we cannot control the notification sent when the note is added to a Problem.
Problem automators can be configured for Problems based on Events, matching certain conditions and performing actions. For example, you can set up an automator to automatically assign a problem to a particular group or agent when it meets certain criteria.
Follow these simple steps to configure problem automators in Freshservice:
- Navigate to ‘Admin’ from the menu. Under the ‘Automation & Productivity’ section, click on ‘Workflow Automator.’
- By default, the Tickets module will be selected. Click the dropdown Icon and select the Problems module.
- Click on ‘New Workflow’ and choose Event based workflow option.
- Give your rule a title and description, choose the module as Problems, and click Create.
- Set the Event as Problem is reported.
- Drag and drop a Condition block and set the conditions as per your business requirements.
- Drag and drop an Action block and choose the action you wish to perform.
- Click Activate to enable the automation rule to work on upcoming problems.
Yes, task could be added through workflow actions or by triggering webhook for adding a Task.
Yes, we could perform limited action on the tickets associated to a problem
Yes, Webhooks are supported in the Problem automation.