In Freshservice, the health of any service is denoted through two states i.e. 'Operational' and 'Needs Attention'. The health status for a service is defined in two ways:
- The status of the incident created from an alert generated by a monitoring tool associated with a service
- Manually associating an incident with a service
- Manually edit the health status of a service
Let us understand how exactly this is done.
Incident impact on service health status
By default, a service's health status is 'Operational'. For open incidents with high or urgent priority, the health status of the associated service is updated to 'Needs Attention'. For incidents with any other combination of ticket status and priority, the service health status remains 'Operational'
Incident created from alerts generated by associated monitoring tools
A service is typically associated with a monitoring tool. When the alerts generated by a monitoring tool qualify to be converted to an incident, the health status of the associated service is impacted.
Learn more about how to define a service using monitoring tools.
Manually associating an incident with a service
At times service desk agents might notice an incident that is related to a service outage/degradation, but is not yet associated with the service. This might happen because:
- The service is not mapped to the original impacted service
- The service is beyond level 5 of the service map because of which automatic propagation of service health status hasn't happened
In such cases, agents can manually associate the incident with the service in question. For customers on Pro and Enterprise plans, the service status will automatically update as per the incident status.
Note: The service status will update on the basis of the incident status only if the incident was created in the previous 90 days.
Manually edit the health status of a service
You can also edit the Services Health Field using an acceptable list of values from:
- IT Operations Management > Services Create /Edit Page
- Service List Page
- Inventory > Services >Health