In most helpdesks, the agent who has been assigned to the change submits it for approval after thoroughly going through the issue and analyzing its risk and impact. In Freshservice, you could do this by clicking on the “Request for CAB Approval” button.
Once you have laid out plans for your change, you can submit it to one of the CABs in your helpdesk. This will help your Change Manager in deciding whether or not to go ahead with the change.
A quick guide to submitting your change for approval:
- Open up any change in your helpdesk from the Dashboard or the Changes tab.
- Make sure that you have enough information included in the change.
- Choose the Request for CAB Approval option.
- Click on the drop-down box and choose a CAB from the list.
- You can also use the checkboxes to pick out specific members from the CAB.
- Use the dropdown to select who has to approve the change; it can be everyone, any one or majority, as shown below.
- Click on the Send button to submit your change to the CAB.
Once your have submitted your change for approval, you will have to wait for a while before the CAB votes on it. The Change Manager will have the final word on whether the change is approved.