Tasks in new-gen project management can be of various types. They can be epics, user stories, tasks, feature requests, bug fixes etc. This helps teams to easily identify tasks and prioritise them. You can also create your own custom task types.
1. If you are a project manager, go to Project Settings > Types
2. You can edit and use the existing types “task list” and “task” by clicking icon and then the edit button or create a new task type by pressing "+New" button.
3. Fill out the details for the new customized type that you want to be created. Every task type also has a corresponding workflow and form. You can customize workflows for every type of task in the new-gen project management.
1. A task can have a simple workflow like Open -> In Progress -> Done
2. A bug could have an elaborate workflow like, Open -> In Progress -> In Review -> In Testing -> Done
Every type can also have its own form. This allows teams to control what fields(properties) are needed for each task type.
1. A bug could have fields like "Environment to reproduce", "Number of affected users", etc.
2. An epic could have fields like "Value to customers"