If the group attempts to resolve the incident and determines that a change is required they could log an RFC and link it to the incident. A new or existing change could be associated with the ticket from the navigation bar of your tickets view page.
Quick guide to linking incidents to changes:
- Open up any incident (ticket) from the Dashboard or the Tickets tab.
- Click on the Associate button from the top right corner of the ticket menubar.
- From the drop-down list, you can either choose New Change, Existing Change or Change causing this incident.
- If you choose Change causing this incident, pick out of from the existing changes in your service desk and click Link. You will see the change ticket linked under Caused By on the left.
- If you choose Existing Changes, pick out from the existing changes in your service desk and click Link, you will see the change ticket linked under Initiated.
- If you choose New Change, type in the details and click Link to associate a new change to the ticket.
Once the change is implemented, Freshservice will notify the agent who has been assigned to the ticket automatically by email and thereby the agent could resolve and close the incident ticket.