Sometimes, a release might be just around the corner and might prove to be just in time for your change to go out. In these situations, you can choose to have it linked to an existing release without going through the hassle of creating a new one. On the other hand, you might need to create a new one yourself if you are unable to find a relevant release that is happening soon. You can link any of your changes in Freshservice to a release from the navigation bar.
Quick guide to linking changes to releases:
- Open up any change from the Dashboard or the Changes tab.
- Click on Associate on the navigation bar.
- From the drop-down list, choose New Release or Existing Release.
- If you think it’s possible to link the change to an existing release, pick out any one from the list below and click Link.
- If not, click on New Release, type in the details and create a new one yourself.
- Once done, the name of the Release should appear on the sidebar.