When an end user sends email from different email IDs, they get added as a requester multiple times. Besides being inefficient, this makes tracking users and their requests a pain.
You can now merge those requesters with the primary one to better manage their requests.
To do that, go to the requester's profile and click on Merge.
Then search for all the duplicate entries for that requester, and click on the corresponding '+' icon. Click on Continue once you've selected all of them.
Once all the secondary requesters are merged with the primary one:
- All the tickets, problems, changes, releases, approvals, tags etc are moved to the primary requester.
- If a ticket is raised through an email from a secondary email ID, then all agent replies will go to the secondary email. But the requester on the ticket will be the primary one.
- All of the secondary requesters' departments, groups and CABs will be moved to the primary one.
- The email ID that was verified first will become primary.
- If there are null fields for the primary requester, then the first secondary requester's data will be updated there.