Once you are up and running with your Freshservice account, you probably want your requesters and support agents to access your support portal at your own vanity URL. You can point your account at mycompany.freshservice.com to your own domain, like helpdesk.mycompany.com.
All you need to do is create a CNAME record in your DNS zone file to point your vanity URL to your Freshservice domain. Here's a video to help you with the process:
Quick guide to setting up Freshservice on your own URL:
Step 1: Creating a CNAME record in your DNS Zone File
- Login to your Domain Control Panel.
- Go to the section which says DNS or Name Servers.
- Create a new DNS record and point your custom support URL to demo.freshservice.com. You may need to fill in these details:
- Alias Name: Enter the subdomain name for your alias. For example, if you want to use a vanity support URL like helpdesk.mycompany.com, enter "helpdesk" as your alias name
- Point to Host Name: Type @ to directly map the alias to your domain
- TTL: Enter a Time To Live between 30 minutes to 1 hour, or leave this field in its default settings
TXT record: Add a TXT record with key and value as mentioned in the example
Name (key): “fsverification-<helpdesk>”
Value: "63bb75c772e4ff6897e345a734c0a440e74397974602bad9a8bb625bd93a685e" (You can find the value by heading to Admin > Helpdesk Rebranding)
- Save changes to your DNS records.
Note that these instructions may vary a bit based on your domain registrar. If you are unable to find a way to add the DNS record, get help from your webmaster or your server administrator.
Step 2: Setting up your Helpdesk URL in Freshservice
- After creating the CNAME record, login to your Freshservice portal.
- Go to Admin > Helpdesk Rebranding.
- Learn more about Rebranding your Freshservice Account here.
- Under Helpdesk URL type your vanity support URL (helpdesk.mycompany.com).
- Click Save to save the new settings.