The most common activity your agents do in your helpdesk everyday is handling the incoming requests from users. They need to be on their toes when a new incident or service request is raised and respond as quickly as possible. The only problem is, with so many tickets coming in one after the other, it is not very easy to stay on top of their game.
The best way to make life easier is to configure an email notification which will be sent when a new ticket is created. You can also send an automatic response to your user telling them that you are looking into this issue and that it will be resolved quickly. These are the most common notifications in your helpdesk and will be used several times everyday.
Quick Guide to using Email Notifications:
- Go to Admin > Email Notifications.
- Under Agent Emails, use the toggle to enable the New ticket created notification.
- Similarly, you can enable the requester email notification for the same.
- Go ahead and change the content of the emails if necessary by clicking on the Edit icon next to the notifications.
- Use “Placeholders” to create content dynamically.
- Click on the Save changes button when you are done.
You can also set these notifications in multiple languages. Read this article for more details.