Freshservice lets you specify the reason and impact analysis to all of your changes in your service desk. This can be useful when you want to keep your analysis documented and shared with everybody in your team who wants to have a look. You can also modify the properties of the change including priority, impact, risk etc. yourself.
Quick guide to specifying reason and impact for your changes:
- Open up any change in your service desk from the Dashboard or the Changes tab.
- Use the Change Properties section on the side bar to update the Priority, Impact and Risk fields to different values.
- In the Planning panel, Use the Reason for Change field to add a reason to your change. You can also upload files from your computer.
- Click on the Add button to save your reason for change.
- Similarly, click on the the Add Impact button and specify the impact the change will have once it has been performed.
- Click on the Add button to save your impact analysis report.
Now every time a change manager or technician who’s involved opens up your change, they will be able to see the reason and impact report you have provided.
Below is a video to understand Change Management in Freshservice.