Over a period of time, you will have a lot of employees and requesters interacting with your service desk as they report issues and submit service requests. To make things more convenient, you probably want to create contacts for your requesters inside Freshservice before you get started.
A quick guide to adding a new contact manually to Freshservice:
Go to the Admin tab and click on the Requesters icon.
Click on New Requester button.
Fill in all the details of the contact like Name, Email, Job Title etc.
If the agent belongs to an existing department, start typing the first few letters and select it from the list.
Optionally type in his phone numbers, timezone, time-format and background information.
Once you are done, click Save Changes.
The requester has now been added to your service desk. You could similarly add as many contacts as needed.
After you are done creating requesters, you can also change any details given by choosing the Edit option displayed next to every requester.
- The requester will not be able to login to Freshservice. In case of reactivation, the admin can navigate to Admin -> Requesters -> Requester Name-> Reactivate.
- The requester will be removed from all requester groups.
- The requester name will be retained in all tickets, changes, problems and releases with Resolved and Closed statuses.
- The requester will automatically be removed from all account level configurations except workflow automator, dispatcher, supervisor and observer in which they will have to be manually removed from the associated workflows.
- The requester name will be retained for hardware assets under the“Used By" and "Managed By" fields
- The requester name will be retained for software assets under the "Managed By" field.