Use the Google Cloud discovery app to gain visibility into cloud resources such as Virtual machines, Disks, and more across your Google Cloud accounts.
The Google Cloud Discovery App discovers virtual assets across your Google Cloud accounts and syncs them into the Freshservice CMDB, providing a single pane of glass to view and manage your cloud resources. The resources discovered today include:-
PUBLIC IP ADDRESS
Prerequisites to set up the Google Cloud Discovery app
To locate your project ID
Navigate to the GCP Console. Project ID will be located under the Project Info section.
To create Service Account Credentials
Open the Service accounts page.
Click on Select a project, choose a project, and click Open.
Click add Create service account.
Under Service account details, fill in the "Name", "ID", and "Description" of the service account, then click Create.
Optional: Under Service account permissions, select the IAM roles ( recommended:Read roles for "Compute Viewer" and "BigQuery Data Viewer") to grant to the service account, then click Continue.
Optional: Under Grant users access to this service account, add the users or groups that are allowed to use and manage the service account.
After the service account is created, open the service account, click on "Edit" then click "Add Key" under "Keys", then click "Create New Key".
8. Copy the entire service account credentials from the downloaded JSON file and paste them inside the Service Account Credentials installation parameter
Your new public/private key pair is generated and downloaded to your machine; it serves as the only copy of the private key. You are responsible for storing it securely. If you lose this key pair, you will need to generate a new one.
Note: After you create a key, you might need to wait for 60 seconds or more before you use the key. If you try to use a key immediately after creating it and receive an error, wait at least 60 seconds and try again.
To install the GCP app in Freshservice
1. Login to your Freshservice account and navigate to Admin → Asset Management → Cloud Management.
2. Select GCP Cloud Discovery and click on Install to create a new account.
3. Click on Add New and enter the Config name and the Service account credentials created in the GCP console.
4. Finally, click Add to save the settings, and the cloud resources will automatically start syncing.