Create more meaningful incidents from alerts and perform more powerful automations based on the alert fields associated to an incident. Use the alert payload fields associated to an incident in ticket workflow automator to:
- Capture alert fields as incident custom fields
- Send emails with alert related information
- Perform orchestration and further automations by using alert payload fields and much more
Note: Only the primary alert's fields are availble in the workflow automator i.e the alert which created the incident. Alert fields for any subsequent alerts added to the incident will not be available in workflow automator.
Add alert fields to condition node
Apply conditions based on alert fields to your workflows by accessing the Primary Alert Fields in the condition node
Use alert fields in action node
Enrich your emails and incidents with alert information by using alert field placeholders in the action node
Scenario: Assigning alert fields as incident custom field
Let's take an example where you want to assign alert information that is part of additional information field as an incident custom field.
- Create a custom field called "Company" to capture the company name from the alert payload.
- Create an alert rule to create an incident out of an alert.
- Create a ticket workflow automator.
- Add an event node setting the event as "Incident is raised"
- Insert a condition node checking if alerts are the source of the ticket
Note: In order to access alert additional information fields use JSON Parser node
7. Paste the a sample additional information JSON in the JSON block. Click on generate output to see the parsed output on the right hand side. Add an appropriate label in the label field at the bottom.
8. You can now access the additional info fields in the subsequent nodes. Add an action block to set the custom field 'Company' equal to the appropriate additional info payload value. Select 'Set Company name as'
9. Click on "P2 Additional info" to access the output generated by the JSON parser node and select the appropriate value
Learn more about JSON Parser node here.