This functionality makes alert payload fields accessible to IT Agents so that they may perform reporting, orchestrations, automation, etc. for incidents that are created using an alert.
Example: Assign alert payload values as incident custom fields
- Create a custom field called "Company" to capture the company name from the alert payload.
- Create an alert rule to create an incident out of an alert.
- Create a ticket workflow automator with the following configurations:
- Event Node
- Condition Node
- Use json parser node to parse the additional info field. Learn how.
- For this first set the source as the Primary Alert
- Paste the same additional info block in the payload section
- Click on generate output. Provide an appropriate label to the output.
- You can now access the additional info fields in the subsequent nodes. Add an action block to set the custom field 'Company' equal to the appropriate additional info payload value.
- Select 'Set Company name as'
- Click on "P2 Additional info" to access the output generated by the JSON parser node and select the appropriate value