To prevent the supervisor rule from executing every hour, specific time intervals or changes to a ticket property can be used as conditions to limit its execution. Here's how,
- Navigate to Admin > Automation & Productivity > Automation > Supervisor Rules.
- Click Edit next to the rule you wish to run only once.
- Under the Conditions section, provide a timeframe with Greater than and Less than options to restrict the rule to run once during that specific hour.
- Alternatively, you can add a new condition to check if a custom field is present on the ticket. This field should be set when the notification is sent.
- In the "Actions" section of the trigger, add the notification you want to send.
- Before the notification is sent, add an action to set the custom field to indicate that the notification has been sent.
- Click Update.