If the group attempts to resolve the incident and determines that a change is required they could log an RFC and link it to the incident. A new or existing change could be associated with the ticket from the navigation bar of your tickets view page.
Quick guide to linking incidents to changes:
- Open up any incident (ticket) from the Dashboard or the Tickets tab.
- Click on the Associate button from the top right corner of the ticket menubar.
- From the drop-down list, you can either choose Problem, Change initiated by this ticket, Change initiating this ticket, Project, or Project task
- If you choose Change initiating this ticket, select from the existing changes in your service desk and click Associate. You will see the change ticket linked under the Associations tab
- If you choose Change initiated by this ticket, you will get an option to either create a new change or pick from the existing changes in your service desk.
Once the change is implemented, Freshservice will notify the agent who has been assigned to the ticket automatically by email and thereby the agent could resolve and close the incident ticket.