You can set up different levels of password security using Freshservice for your agents and requesters. By default, any password must contain a minimum of 8 characters and must not contain the username.
You can also opt for advanced settings and set up custom password policies like the password expiration time or the minimum password length. The more sensitive the data your agents/requesters have access to, the more stringent your password rules must be. Please note that you cannot set up password policies if your SSO is enabled.
A quick guide to setting up your password policy:
- Log in to your service desk as an administrator.
- Go to Admin > Account Settings > Service Desk Security. If your account has more than one workspace, navigate to Admin > Global Settings > Account Settings > Service Desk Security.
- Your login policy will be visible under Default Login Policy. To modify it, click on the edit icon next to Default Login Policy.
- A new page will open. Under the Default Login Policy, you can choose between Freshworks login, Passwordless login, Google SSO and Singe-sign-on. You can use the radio buttons to activate or deactivate either of these options.
- Once you make the changes, click Save.
When you choose Freshworks login, you will be able to set up the password policy within Freshworks Org. It is like an SSO within the Freshworks Neo admin center.
What happens after the changes are made:
You can choose one of the options below when you enable the Freshworks login to confirm when the current policy should be applied based on your preference.