Before you start scanning your network for assets, you have to download and install Freshservice Probe application on one of the systems in your network. The Probe application needs a Windows system to work. Make sure you go through the minimum requirements and identify the right computer to run the probe. If you have multiple networks in your organization, you might have to run separate probes to manage each one.
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 SP2 , Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016
- RAM: 1GB of RAM or more
- Storage: 100MB of free space in your hard drive
- An active computer that is turned on to perform scheduled scans and updates
- Microsoft .NET 4.6
- Find out the software requirements for installing the Discovery probe here.
- Check out the hardware requirements for installing the Discovery probe here
Downloading the Probe
- Go to Admin-> Discovery -> Probe tab
- Click on Download Probe
Installing the Probe
Once your download is complete, click on the setup file to start the installation wizard. Go through the steps one by one and install the application in your local system directly. Once the installation is complete, you will be able to see the 'Probe' icon in your system tray.
You will now be able to run the probe whenever you want and configure its settings.
Find out how you can use the application to scan assets here.