In some instances, there may be an upcoming release that aligns with your change requirements. In such cases, you can associate your change with an existing release rather than initiating a new one. However, if no suitable releases are available, you may need to create a new one for your change. This can be done by linking your change to a release from the navigation bar in Freshservice.
Quick guide to linking changes to releases:
- Open up any change from the Dashboard or the Changes tab.
- Scroll down and click on Associations from the available tabs.
- Select the Associate option and choose New Release or Existing Release from the drop-down list.
- If you think linking the change to an existing release is possible, pick out anyone from the list below and click Link.
- If not, click on New Release, type in the details, and create a new one yourself.
- Once done, the name of the Release should appear on the sidebar.