Sometimes you might need to involve a third party vendor or someone from outside your team on a ticket. Freshservice lets you forward conversations to any email address right from within the ticket. This way, you can have any of your vendors or third party contacts as a part of the conversation easily.
Quick guide to forwarding a ticket:
- Open up any ticket from the Tickets tab
- Click on Forward under the Details tab
- Enter the Forward to email address
- Type in any additional message if required and do the necessary formatting
- Attach a file if required by hitting the Attach a file button
- You can also include Canned Responses and Solution Articles by clicking on the corresponding icons. For more information about canned responses click here
- A dialog box pops up which lets you browse through and choose the file
- Click on Open after selecting the appropriate file
- Hit Forward once you are done to send the message
- Click Cancel to go back
Now, the ticket would be forwarded to the recipient from your support email address along with the ticket description and the forwarding notes. Once you have forwarded the tickets, any subsequent replies from recipients get added as a private note to the ticket.