Yes, you heard that right! Your Freshservice account will now be migrated to a Freshworks account. Which means you will hereafter have a single sign-on (SSO) facility to access the entire suite of products (Freshdesk, Freshsales, Freshchat, etc) we offer at Freshworks.
With this migration, your agents will have a single profile that is common across all products in Freshworks.
What does it change for you?
Changes to Web App Login
Henceforth, agents and requesters will have separate authentication pages. The default login page is meant for requesters, and agents need to click the link that says ‘Are you an Agent? Login here’ from the login page and enter their Freshworks login credentials.
If the agent only has a Freshservice account during the migration, and not a Freshworks account, they can continue to use their Freshservice account password for the Freshworks account.
- If the agent already has a Freshworks account into which they’ve logged in at least once, they can continue to use their Freshworks login credentials for Freshservice as well.
- If the agent already has a Freshworks account into which they’ve not logged in even once, both their Freshworks and Freshservice password won’t work, and they would be sent an email to set a new password.
- Users that use Google to login to their Freshservice account can continue to use their existing Google credentials. Agents that use Google to login to their Freshservice account will have to first click the link ‘Are you an Agent? Login here’ and then choose the Google sign-in option.
Changes to Mobile App Login
- Henceforth, agents who login to the Freshservice iOS and Android apps need to use the Freshworks login credentials.
Changes to API Authentication
Applications and Integrations that need an email address and password for API access will also use the same Freshworks login credentials.
Changes to Profile Settings Page
Administrators cannot edit certain fields (such as Name, Email Address, Work Phone, Mobile Phone, and Job Title fields) for an agent after their creation. Agents would have to edit these fields for themselves.
- In case an agent wishes to modify these fields (such as Name, Email Address, Work Phone, Mobile Phone, and Job Title) they will need to go the Freshworks profile settings page to do so.
Further details of the agent (such as Time Zone, Language, Location, Reporting Manager, and Signature) can be modified by the agent or the administrator from the Profile Settings page of Freshservice.
Changes to Agent ↔ Requester Conversion
When converting an agent to a requester, their Freshservice account will be automatically detached from Freshworks and an email will be sent to reset the password.
When converting a requester to an agent, an invitation email will be sent to them if they already have a Freshworks account.
When converting a requester to an agent, an email will be sent to set a Freshworks password if they don’t have a Freshworks account.
Last, but not the least, agents can now switch between various products seamlessly using the Freshworks Switcher.
Roll out Plan
- We’re currently enabling Freshworks authentication only for accounts that use ID/Password and/or Google authentication.
Freshworks authentication will currently not be enabled for accounts that use Simple SSO, SAML SSO, or Yammer Login.