You may want to restrict access to your helpdesk and the support portals to users from certain domains. This way, only users from whitelisted domains will be allowed to log in (or sign up) and create tickets inside your helpdesk.
This can be done using Helpdesk Restrictions:
- Log into your helpdesk as an administrator
- Go to Admin > Support Channels > Support Portal (In MSP mode, Admin > Support Channels > Support Portals > Settings tab)
- Scroll down to the Domain Whitelisting section
- By default, users from any domain can log in, signup or create tickets
- When you chose "Users from whitelisted domains", you can enter the domains whose users can create tickets and signup/log in
When you set up restriction based on domain:
- The requesters that already exist in your helpdesk will be whitelisted automatically (Even if they are not part of a whitelisted domain)
- The domains created by an admin will be whitelisted automatically
- Tickets sent by domains that are not whitelisted will be dropped
- If a non-whitelisted domain is added as a CC, it will be dropped (shown below)
However, tickets created by an agent on behalf of a requesters whose domain is not whitelisted will not be dropped. And the contact of the ticket requester will be whitelisted.