The Freshservice-Salesforce integration is meant to bridge the gap between your sales team and your IT support team. A disconnect between these teams can cause prospects to be bounced back and forth until they eventually leave.
The sales team will be able to see all tickets raised by a contact, so they can check the status right before they contact them, and follow up on their behalf if required.
On the other hand, the support team can view the CRM details for the requester every time a ticket comes into the service desk. This helps the team prioritize tickets based on the criticality of the lead.
1. The Freshservice app for Salesforce is not publicly available in the Salesforce Appexchange. Use this link for installing Freshservice for Salesforce.
2. Freshservice supports only enterprise edition of Salesforce. The professional edition doesn't have the required feature (Classes/TicketDetailsControllers.cls) so it won't be able to use this app. You'll need to upgrade to the enterprise edition to use Freshservice in Salesforce.
Quick guide to installing Freshservice in Salesforce:
Login to Salesforce with your admin Salesforce credentials.
Click here to access Freshservice for Salesforce.
Depending on your use case, you can choose to install Freshservice for everyone or just for the Admins. You can also choose specific profiles to whom Freshservice tickets will be shown.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be taken to the Installed Packages page.
- In the sidebar on the left, go to Security Controls > Remote Site Settings.
Create a new remote site and fill in information about your Freshservice account like its URL and name and save it. The Remote Site Name must only have letters, numbers and/or underscores. Also, the Remote Site URL must start with either "http://" or "https://"
- Now, click on the '+' button in the menu bar to open all tabs and click on Freshservice.
- Enter your Freshservice URL and your API key to configure your account. [To get your API key in Freshservice, click on your profile picture on the top right corner, then click on Profile Settings. The API key can be seen on the right below the change password option.]
Creating Page Layouts
- Click on Setup in the top right corner next to your name.
- Go to Build > Customize > Contacts > Page Layouts available on the left side of the setup page.
- In the layouts listed, click on Edit next to Contact Layout.
- Drag and drop Section available under Fields in the Contact Layout window on top, to the Contact Sample page. This section is where you will see Ticket from Freshservice in your Contacts page.
- Name the section 'Freshservice tickets'.
- Now drag and drop Contacts Freshservice available under Visualforce Pages on the newly created section.
- Click on the Settings icon in the Contacts Freshservice section and enable scrolling.
- Click on the Save button in the Contact Layout window.
- Now in your Contacts page, you can see the tickets raised in Freshservice by your contacts.
- To view or edit the ticket, click on the individual ticket, and this will be the view. Please note that to update a ticket or to add a note from Salesforce, the logged in Salesforce user must be a valid agent in Freshservice.
- To see the tickets on the Leads page or the Accounts page, you can repeat these steps by going to Setup > Customize> Leads > Page Layouts and Setup > Customize > Accounts > Page Layouts.
- You can also create a new ticket in the Contact's name. Or add notes to existing ones.
Quick guide to bringing Salesforce information to Freshservice:
- Login to your Freshservice account as an administrator.
- Go to Admin > Helpdesk Productivity > Integrations.
- Locate the Salesforce Integration from the list and Enable the toggle switch next to it, in order to enable the integration.
- You will be asked to enter your Salesforce credentials.
- Under Salesforce Settings, you can choose the Contact, Lead and Account Fields that you would like to import from Salesforce.
- Once done, click on Update.
- Now when a customer raising a ticket is a lead/contact in Salesforce, the corresponding fields can be seen in their tickets.
Uninstalling the old version of the Freshservice app
If you want to uninstall Freshservice in your Salesforce, here's how to remove it:
- Go to Build > Customize > Contacts > Page Layouts.
- Click Edit next to the layout in which you had included the Freshservice Tickets section.
- Click on the Remove button in the Leads Freshservice section and then on the Freshservice Tickets section.
- Save this layout. Follow the same steps to remove the Freshservice section from Contacts and Accounts too.
- Then go to Setup > Build > Installed Packages, locate Freshservice and click Uninstall.
- You can choose to save the Package data for 48 hours.
- Click on the "Yes, I want to uninstall.." checkbox and hit the Uninstall button.
Now your Freshservice app for Salesforce will be removed. You can install it again by following the instructions at the beginning of this article.