The Assets module shows all the assets in your helpdesk as a list. By default, the "All Assets" view is selected and lists all the assets in the helpdesk with the most recently created assets on top, irrespective of the asset type.
This solution covers the following topics:
- Filtering assets
- Default asset views
- Creating custom views
- Editing existing views
- Sharing custom views with all agents
- Deleting custom views
You can filter down this list on the basis of various asset properties. Here's how:
- Click on the Filter button on the Assets page.
The Asset Type filter is the default filter. To add more conditions to the filter, click More.
In the dropdown, select the condition based on which you would like to filter the asset list. If the Asset type selected is "All Assets", then only the fields common to all the asset types is displayed in the list. Changing the asset type will display fields that are relevant to each asset type in this dropdown.
Once the condition is selected, you can enter/choose the value for your filter criteria and the asset list will refresh with the filtered results.
Additional filter conditions can be added by clicking on more and selecting the required condition and the values.
- Click Cancel to remove the filter conditions and go back to the original list of assets.
Filters are a great way to quickly look for a particular subset of assets. But, if some filter conditions are repeatedly used in day-to-day operations, Views can be created to quick access to these filter conditions. Freshservice provides a list of default views that will filter the results based on the most frequently used filter criteria. For more advanced operations on the assets list, Freshservice allows users to build custom filters and save these as views.
Four default views are available in the Assets module, which when selected will display a filtered result of assets. The default views available are:
- All Assets
- All Hardware Assets in Use
- Assets Added in Last 30 Days
- Asset with Warranty Expiring in next 30 Days
To create views with your own filter conditions,
- Click on Filter.
- Build the filter conditions as required.
- Click Save As.
- Enter the name of the View and click Save.
Editing existing views
To edit an existing view,
- Select the view and click Filter. The saved filter conditions for the view is displayed.
- Modify the filter conditions.
- Save the view to overwrite the existing view or Save As to create a new view.
Sharing Views with all Agents
Admins and Configuration Managers can create Views and share them to all agents in their helpdesk. To make a View available to all agents, select the All Agents in the pop-up before saving the View.
Deleting Custom Views
The option to delete a custom view can be found when you hover over the view name as shown below. Only agents who created a view can delete the view. Default views cannot be deleted.
- Search is available only in the All Assets view and Asset Hierarchy.
- Text and checkbox fields will not be available in the filter conditions.
- Only dropdown, nested and date custom fields will be available in the filter conditions.