The fundamental question is what do customer satisfaction surveys (CSAT) measure? It is as simple as understanding how happy your customers are with the product or services they received.
With CSAT as a built-in functionality in Freshservice, it gets easier to measure service desk efficiency and customer satisfaction with every support ticket. Once the survey is activated, you can set up reports and configure workflows to improve your service based on feedback.
How to Create a CSAT Survey?
- Login to your Freshservice account, navigate to Admin -> Customer Satisfaction in Helpdesk Productivity
- Click on Create New, enter a suitable title and question for your survey
- Click on Add New, and select the type of question out of choice based, short text and rating. Your survey questionnaire can be a combination of these type of question
For a choice based question, you can add more choices using +Add choice option. You can also configure the question based on the options available in the right section of the page
You can make it mandatory for users to answer your question using Mark as mandatory option
Show emoticons alongside the choices
You can also quantify customer satisfaction by assigning scores to each choice using the Assign scores behavior option
You can assign any value to these choices and based on those values the total score will be determined
You can add multiple questions to the survey by clicking on +Add new option. Add more choice based questions, short text type questions or rating based questions. The ratings can be set on a scale of 3, 4 or 5 and each rating can be assigned a score
These scores can be used for various analytics as well as for understanding the sentiment of the customers
If the score lies between 0% <= Score <= 40%, the response will be considered as Negative sentiment
If the score lies between 40% <= Score <= 60%, the response will be considered as Neutral sentiment
If the score lies between 60% <= Score <= 100%, the response will be considered as Positive sentiment
You can also set a Thank you Message in the survey and attach any relevant image, if needed
If you wish to see how the survey will look like to the customers , you can click on the Preview option and the survey will be mailed to you
Save the survey by clicking on Save or Save & Activate
1. Emoticons are available only for choice based questions 2. Scores cannot be assigned for text based questions
How to configure conditions to trigger the survey and survey questions?
You can create multiple surveys and configure conditions to define which survey will be triggered for which tickets, based on ticket fields. The Criteria section gives users the flexibility to set trigger conditions for a particular survey.
For example, you can create a separate survey for the IT teams and a separate one for the HR teams.
- Configure a condition based on the ticket field. You can add multiple conditions and choose whether to match all or any of those conditions to trigger the survey
- You can also configure the text that the user will receive the survey in the email or support portal in the section Configure the display text for the link sent in the survey mail
- A ticket can have multiple email communications. You can set which emails from the ticket conversation will have the survey link for the customers based on the four options given
Use case scenario: Defining a survey for only IT teams
- You can set the frequency at which you want to send the survey emails to your customer and define a time period after which the frequency number will reset using Regulate Survey Emails option
- Under the Rules section you can also configure rules to the survey questionnaire based on the question.
- These are mostly condition-action set where you can set a condition based on one of the survey questions and define an action of whether to Show, Hide or Jump to some other question in the survey
- You can set multiple action to one condition or create multiple such condition-action(s) set based on the survey questions
- You can click the Clone option to create a copy of an existing survey
- You can also click the Delete option to delete a survey. However, be mindful that deleting a survey will also wipe out all the underlying survey response data of that survey
How to create reports based on survey responses?
- Once the survey is activated, you can set up Reports to capture various metrics based on survey ratings. The reports can be created both at the survey level as well as at a question response level
- You can create different widgets at a survey level inside the Tickets module on Survey score metric, with filters defined under Associated Survey
- You can also create widgets on Survey Score metric at an overall survey level
- To create reports or widgets at a question level, you will have to use the new module called Survey Question
- Inside the Survey Question module, you can create widgets based on the Question Score metric and create filters at ticket level as well as at survey level
- Along with other group-by options, you can also group that metric based on the Choices of the survey questions or create buckets of Questions Score and group based on those buckets
- You can also configure Workflows to send escalation e-mails to agents, so they can instantly get notified of poor ratings
If you are using the Freshservice Arcade to gamify your service desk, you can offer points to your agents for every happy rating they receive. You can also motivate your team to drive better customer satisfaction by letting them compete for the "Customer Wow Champ" trophy.
- The active survey will be attached with Ticket Resolution/Closure emails or Replies, based on your configuration
- The scores assigned to any question for an existing survey that has already collected responses, cannot be altered. However, all other configurations can be modified
- The existing question and choices cannot be modified at a later stage. However, new questions can be added in the survey