DocuSign integration in Freshservice aims at making contract management and execution way simpler. It lets you send contracts for signing electronically and view the signature history of contracts– all without leaving Freshservice. While sending a contract for multiple signatures, you can also specify the hierarchy to avoid unnecessary signature requests.
For example, if you’re purchasing a new printer, you can specify that the contract must first be signed and approved by your manager before being sent to the finance team for their approval. This is to ensure that you have a proper chain of command in place.
Let’s now take a look at the steps to set up the integration,
1. Go to Admin → Apps → Get More Apps.
2. Locate the DocuSign app and install it.
2. On the integration setup page, enter the credentials of the admin or that of a user with sender access and click on Enable.
Once the integration has been enabled, the DocuSign ‘Send for signing’ option will be made available when you create or renew contracts where the corresponding document is attached, as long as it’s not a cloud (Box/Dropbox) attachment. This option is not available for contracts that are already active. But when you renew a contract, you can send it for signing again.
If you’ve specified an approver, or not:
If you’ve specified an approver at the time of creating or renewing a contract, then he/she will have to first approve it in Freshservice before it can be sent to the concerned parties for their signature. The recipient will be notified by email that an approval is pending for the said contract. Once the document has been approved, you will be able to send it for signing.
On the other hand, if you’ve not specified an approver, you may directly send the document for signing as soon as you create or renew a contract.
Now let’s see how to send contracts for signing.
1. Go to CMDB -> Contract Management and open the contract. Click on Send for signing.
2. Select the checkbox for the document that you want to send across. Then enter the names and Email IDs of the recipients, and specify whether they need to sign it or just receive a copy.
3. If you need to specify the signing order, select the checkbox and click and drag the names to the right position. You can even set parallel signatures by manually editing the order.
4. Add a note to the recipients and click on Continue.
5. In the screen that follows, you will be able to review the document and insert the fields for requesting a signature. Drag and drop the Signature field in the document. If you’re sending the document to multiple recipients, include multiple Signature fields, as necessary. Finally, click on Send.
The status of the contract will now be changed to Pending Signature.
Once the document has been signed by the concerned parties, the status of the contract will change to Signed.
Note: If you're using Safari to access Freshservice, please make sure you've allowed cookies from third-parties. To enable cookies on Safari, navigate to Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and choose the option Always allow under Cookies and website data.
By clicking on Activities, you will be able to view the activity trail of the document along with the corresponding date and time.
Once the document has been signed by all the concerned parties, the contract becomes Active on the scheduled start date.
Signing contracts that you receive signature requests for:
If you happen to receive a signature request for a contract, click on the Review Document link in the email. You will be redirected to the DocuSign page where you can review the document that you’re about to digitally sign.
Click on the Sign button to choose your signature and sign the document. Finally, click on Finish. You can also choose to save the document for your reference by either signing into an existing DocuSign account or by creating a new one.
If you'd like to know more about how this integration works, take a look at the video below.
Please note: We are in the process of phasing out the old videos. We will replace them with videos that include the updated UI and minor change in the initial setup process to accommodate the introduction of the Marketplace. Appreciate the patience.