Schedule Discovery Agents for uninstall from your helpdesk
The Discovery Agents installed in your organization can be uninstalled directly from your Freshservice Portal. To uninstall the Discovery Agents,
- Go to Admin -> Discovery
- Select the machines where the Discovery Agent has to be uninstalled
- Click Uninstall.
The Agent will be uninstalled from the selected machines the next time when the Freshservice Agent communicates with Freshservice
Uninstall directly from the device
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features and from the list of installed applications, click Freshservice Discovery Agent.
- Click on Uninstall and follow the wizard to remove it.
- Open terminal and navigate to directory /Library/Freshservice/Freshservice-Discovery-Agent/
- Run the command:
- "sudo python-2.7.13/bin/python2.7 src/FS-Agent.py -uninstall"
- If the device cannot connect to Freshservice to uninstall the agent, then use this command
- "sudo python-2.7.13/bin/python2.7 src/FS-Agent.py -uninstall_force"
- If the Access Key is present, run this command to remove the access_key:
- "sudo rm /etc/Freshdesk/Freshservice/accesskey"
- If the agent blocked status is present, run this command to remove the agent blocked status
- "sudo rm /tmp/freshservice_agent_status"
- Now the agent is completely uninstalled from the machine.
- Open terminal and navigate to directory /usr/local/sbin/Freshdesk/Freshservice-Discovery-Agent
- Run command: sudo python2.7 src/FS-Agent.py -uninstall_force
Uninstall from all devices in a domain
Note - The steps in this solution are applicable for Windows Server 2012 only and it may differ for other versions of active directory.
- In the Domain Controller, click Start → Run → type gpmc.msc and hit Enter. This will open the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC).
- In GPMC, right-click on the Domain from which you want to uninstall Agent and select "Create and Link a GPO here".
- If you want to uninstall the Agent on computers only in a particular Organizational Unit (OU), right-click that OU and select "Create a GPO in this domain, and link it here".
- Give a name to the new GPO (like "UninstallFreshserviceAgent") then click OK.
- Right-click the newly created GPO and select Edit from the context menu. This will open the Group Policy Management Editor (GPME).
- In the GPME window, navigate to Computer Configuration → Policies → Windows Settings → Scripts → double click Startup. This will open the Startup Properties window.
- Click the Show Files button, and it will open a folder. Copy the fs_win_agent_uninstall.vbs [attached below] to that folder.
- In the Startup Properties window, click on Add. Then click Browse and select fs_win_agent_uninstall.vbs from the folder mentioned in the previous step.
- Click OK to close the “Add a script” form.
- Click OK to close “Startup Properties” window.
- Close the GPME window.
- In order to enforce the current Group Policy immediately, run the command gpupdate /force.
- From then on, Windows machines on that particular domain or OU will uninstall agent on restart.