Installing the Agent in a single machine (Without Proxy)
Go to Admin -> Discovery
In Download Agent section, choose Mac
Click Download Agent Button
Extract the downloaded tarball file and change to the current directory to the extracted folder
Double click the FS-Agent.pkg and follow the onscreen instructions to install the Agent
Installing the Agent in a single machine (With Proxy)
- Extract the tarball file downloaded from Freshservice into a new folder
- Create a new file named AdditionalConfiguration.json with the following content in it.
- Enter the required information in the double quotes. Leave the parameters empty if you do not need to provide values for a parameter
- Double click the FS-Agent.pkg and follow the onscreen instructions to install the Agent
Installing the Agent on multiple Mac devices using Remote Install Tool
- Follow the steps as in the installation for single machine to prepare the installer file
- Compress the folder into a tarball file and name it as required. Eg. FS-Mac-Agent.tar.gz
- Download the Remote Installer attached in this solution article and extract it to a folder, say "Freshservice".
- Create a text file, say COMPUTERS.TXT, in the same folder.
- Edit COMPUTERS.TXT and enter the list of Mac device names or IP addresses on which you need to install the Agent (one entry per line).
- Open Terminal and change the working directory to the folder "Freshservice/RemoteInstaller".
- Run the command (Required only once. Skip if you've done this on this machine before): ./setup.sh This will prompt you to install command line developer tools which require internet connection.
- Run the command: python Install.py “./FS-Mac-Agent.tar.gz” “./COMPUTERS.TXT”
- It will prompt you for common admin credentials of all the computers listed. The username and password need to be provided to install the Agent.
- Once done, the Remote Installer will start installing the Agent on all the computers in the list.
- If you wish to uninstall the existing agent from the remote machine and reinstall the agent again, use the option -f to forcefully install the agent. If this option is not used and there is an agent already installed in the device, the agent installation will fail. Eg. python Install.py “./FS-Mac-Agent.tar.gz” “./COMPUTERS.TXT” -f
- The remote machine should be enabled with Remote Login (System Preferences -> Sharing -> Remote Login)
- The remote installer script will use SSH and SFTP to complete the installation.
More information on the Agent (supported OS, Prerequisites, download instruction... etc) can be found here.