Installing the Agent in a single machine (Without Proxy)
Go to Admin -> Discovery
In Download Agent section, choose Mac
Click Download Agent Button
Extract the downloaded tarball file and change to the current directory to the extracted folder
Double click the FS-Agent.pkg and follow the onscreen instructions to install the Agent
Installing the Agent in a single machine (With Proxy)
- Extract the tarball file downloaded from Freshservice into a new folder
- Create a new file named AdditionalConfiguration.json with the following content in it.
- Enter the required information in the double quotes. Leave the parameters empty if you do not need to provide values for a parameter
- Double click the FS-Agent.pkg and follow the onscreen instructions to install the Agent
Installing the Agent on multiple Mac devices using Remote Install Tool
- Follow the steps as in the installation for single machine to prepare the installer file
- Compress the folder into a tarball file and name it as required. Eg. FS-Mac-Agent.tar.gz
- Download the Remote Installer attached in this solution article and extract it to a folder, say "Freshservice".
- Create a text file, say COMPUTERS.TXT, in the same folder.
- Edit COMPUTERS.TXT and enter the list of Mac device names or IP addresses on which you need to install the Agent (one entry per line).
- Open Terminal and change the working directory to the folder "Freshservice/RemoteInstaller".
- Run the command (Required only once. Skip if you've done this on this machine before): ./setup.sh This will prompt you to install command line developer tools which require internet connection.
- Run the command: python install.py “./FS-Mac-Agent.tar.gz” “./COMPUTERS.TXT”
- It will prompt you for common admin credentials of all the computers listed. The username and password need to be provided to install the Agent.
- Once done, the Remote Installer will start installing the Agent on all the computers in the list.
More information on the Agent (supported OS, Prerequisites, download instruction... etc) can be found here.