Your Freshservice CMDB helps you manage all kinds of assets. In case you use Amazon Web Services (AWS), you can now bring your virtual assets into the CMDB. You can even associate them with Tickets, Problems, Changes and Releases just like any other CI.
This integration imports all the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances, and Elastic Block Storage (EBS) volumes of your AWS account into Freshservice. Multiple agents can access their details even while the AWS credentials remain with the AWS account admin.
Please note: We are in the process of phasing out the old videos. We will replace them with videos that include the updated UI and minor change in the initial setup process to accommodate the introduction of the Marketplace. Appreciate the patience.
Here’s how to set up the integration:
1. Login to your Freshservice account as an administrator.
2. Go to Admin > Apps > Get More Apps. Then locate Amazon Web Services App and click on Install.
3. Click on Add Account. It should take you to a page similar to the one shown below- type a name for this account; you’ll need the Account ID and the External ID in a minute.
4. In a new tab login to your AWS console and head to Services > Security, Identity, & Compliance > IAM.
5. In the next screen, click on Roles > Create Role.
6. In the next screen, you will be asked to select the type of trusted entity. Click on Another AWS account.
7. Enter your Account ID. To know where to get the account ID, refer step 3.
8. Check the Request external ID option below the Account ID field. You will be prompted to enter the External ID. To know where to get the External ID, refer step 3.
9. After entering the External ID, click on Next:Permissions
10. In the next screen, you will have to attach permission policies. Search for ReadOnlyAccess and check the option against the policy. Once done, click on Next: Review.
10. In the next step, you will be asked to provide a Role Name and Role Description. Fill in the required details and click on Create Role.
11. Head back to the Roles section and search for the role you had created in the previous step. Click on the role to get your Role ARN.
12. Copy the Role ARN from the following screen.
13. Now, go back to the Freshservice Add AWS Account page (Step 3). Paste the Role ARN there and save the account.
The AWS account is now integrated with your Freshservice account. You will be able to view its details in the CMDB under Cloud > AWS.