To enable JIRA in your Freshservice account:
- Navigate to Admin > Apps > Get more Apps.
- Then locate the JIRA app from the app gallery and install it.
- Enter your Domain name, JIRA API Token and your sync preferences.
- Then add your sync preferences. You can sync comments across both platforms and choose to sync attachments in Freshservice tickets, problems, changes and releases to JIRA issues.
- For status updates, you can choose either to have a comment added at the other end or map specific statuses between Freshservice and JIRA.
Integrating with On-Premise JIRA Instance
Since the Local IP or DNS Name will not be reachable for Freshservice instance from the cloud, we can use a tool like NGRok.
ngrok allows you to expose a web server running on your local machine to the internet. Just tell ngrok what port your web server is listening on.
If you don't know what port your web server is listening on, it's probably port 80, the default for HTTP.
EXAMPLE: EXPOSE A WEB SERVER ON PORT 80 OF YOUR LOCAL MACHINE TO THE INTERNET
When you start ngrok, it will display a UI in your terminal with the public URL of your tunnel and other status and metrics information about connections made over your tunnel.
THE NGROK CONSOLE UI
ngrok provides a real-time web UI where you can introspect all of the HTTP traffic running over your tunnels. After you've started ngrok, just open http://localhost:4040 in a web browser to inspect request details.
Try making a request to your public URL. After you have, look back at the inspection UI. You will see all of the details of the request and response including the time, duration, headers, query parameters, and request payload as well as the raw bytes on the wire.
Once the IP is exposed and you get a new Public IP, you may specify the URL in JIRA Integration section as below
To view details of your linked Freshservice tickets/problems/changes/releases in JIRA, and conversely to view JIRA issue details in Freshservice, the Administrator is recommended to create a "Free Text" custom field in the name "Freshservice Tickets".
To create a custom field:
- Click on the Settings icon on the top-right to open the dropdown.
- Select Issues under Administration.
- Click on Custom Fields under Fields from the left side-bar. The Custom Fields window will open.
- Select Text Field (multi-line) and click Next.
- Enter Freshservice Tickets in the Name field box, give a description and click Create.
- Click on the Issues tab in the Administration page and click on Screens on the left sidebar.
- Mark all the check-boxes to associate the field to screens.
- Click on the Update button.
Below is how the integration will look like within Freshservice.
Click Link Issue to link a ticket/problem/change/release in Freshservice with an issue in JIRA.
Below is how the integration will look like within JIRA.
To change email visibility:
JIRA users who are agents in Freshservice can modify their email visibility options to display their email addresses while adding comments in JIRA.
- In Profile and visibility, navigate down to the Contact section at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the visibility dropdown next to your email address.
- Select Anyone.