Freshservice makes it easy for you to stay on top of activities in your service desk by letting you create tasks with respect to every ticket, problem, change and release. You can create unique tasks and assign them to yourself or have them assigned to somebody else on your team.
Every time you log in to your account, you will be able to see a todo list on your Dashboard with a list of upcoming activities. Each activity will have a specific due date and time that have been defined during the time of creation. You can also mark its status as Open, In-Progress or Completed. If the task hasn’t been completed, you will receive an email notification reminding you about it. This can be customized with respect to each task to periods like 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hours.
You can create tasks inside each of your tickets, problems, changes or releases under the Tasks section. This tab also shows any existing tasks that have been added to the item.
Quick guide to creating tasks and getting notified:
- Open up any ticket, problem, change or release in your service desk.
- Click on the Tasks tab below the original message.
- You will now be able to see a list of tickets that are attached to this item.
- Click on the Add Task button.
- Type in a Name and Description for the task.
- Set the status of the task to Open or In-Progress. If it has been done already, you can choose Completed.
- Choose your name from drop down list.
- Based on the nature of the task, define a particular due date and time.
- Use the Notify Before drop-down to choose when you want to get the reminder.
- Click on the Add button to finish adding your task.
You should now be able to see the task on your Dashboard. If you think you need more time to work on the task, you could go back to it and edit the Due Date to something else.