Freshservice comes with an integrated announcements section which can be used to share important messages and updates with the rest of your team. This can be particularly useful for announcing new releases and downtime alerts to your team. That way, they will know if they can link any changes to the release and can prioritize their tasks based on how much time they have left before the release rolls out.
Once you create an announcement, it will show up on the Dashboard whenever an agent logs in to your service desk. In case there are several announcements available, you can toggle through them by clicking on the right and left arrow buttons.
To create an announcement
- Click on the Dashboard button on the left pane.
- Navigate to the top-right of the page and click Announcements. By default, your Active Announcements will be displayed.
- Click New Announcement. Fill in the required details such as Title, Description, Start and End Dates.
- Click on the Visibility dropdown and choose your viewers from the list.
Note: You can also add email addresses under Additional email recipients.
- Click Save. Your announcements will be displayed on the end-user/requester's support portal.
Note: All agents in your team can create announcements whenever they need to spread the word about something important.