Freshservice comes with an integrated announcements section which can be used to share important messages and updates with the rest of your team. This can be particularly useful for announcing new releases and downtime alerts to your team. That way, they will know if they can link any changes to the release and can prioritize their tasks based on how much time they have left before the release rolls out.
Once you create an announcement, it will show up on the Dashboard whenever an agent logs in to your service desk. In case there are several announcements available, you can toggle through them by clicking on the right and left arrow buttons.
Quick guide to creating an announcement:
- Login to your Freshservice account.
- Make sure you are in the Dashboard tab.
- Click on the New Announcement link on the sidebar.
- Type in the name and content for your announcement.
- Click on the Save button to finalize your changes.
Please note that any of the agents in your team will be able to create announcements themselves whenever they need to spread the word about something important.