|NOTE: This is an upcoming feature and is in the works. It is not live yet.
Plans: This integration is available for all Pro and Enterprise plan customers
Bamboo HR + Freshservice
For all customers using BambooHR as their HR system of record, this integration helps you maximise the operational efficiency of your teams at scale. With this integration in place, you can now have a tight integration where employee information that is updated in BambooHR gets automatically reflected within your Freshservice interface.
This real time sync can help you automate important employee workflows with precision like new hire onboarding, etc.
What is in it for you?
This integration between BambooHR and Freshservice facilitates
1. Data sync between the two apps on employee information
2. OOTB automations (like onboarding) that requires minimal technical bandwidth
You can also customize the OOTB workflow recipes easily based on your specific requirements.
Who can enable the Bamboo HR-Freshservice integration
Every Account Administrator and Administrator within Freshservice can initiate this integration.
The customer must have an active BambooHR account with admin privileges to install the app.
Refer to the pre-requsities section below to understand how to configure your BambooHR account to enable this integration.
How to install BambooHR Connector app in your Freshservice account
3. Install the app by clicking the Install button and you will be directed to the Configuration page.
4. Enter the Domain URL and API key to connect your Freshservice account. Click Next.
5. Now enter the credentials to authenticate the BambooHR connection.
6. Ensure all credentials marked as mandatory are filled. Then click Next.
7. After successfully installing the app, there are some post-install steps to follow.
8. Click Install after reading the post-install steps.
9. You'll see an in-app notification saying your app has been successfully installed.
How to activate or customize the out-of-the-box recipes
1. After installation, go to Settings > Connector Apps. You will see your installed BambooHR app listed here. You have two options here
a. Configure App: Use this to edit the default recipes, view Overview dashboard metrics and configure your Widget settings. These are explained in the upcoming section.
b. Settings: If you wish to go back to your configuration page and disconnect or re-authenticate BambooHR or Freshservice use this option.
Now let's see how to use the Configure App option.
2. Click on the Configure App button.
3. This takes you to a tab with Overview | Recipes | Widget Settings. Click on the Recipes tab first.
4. Two out-of-the-box recipes are available for you to configure right away.
- Freshservice User Sync
- Employee Onboarding
5. You can Preview each of these to see the default recipes before choosing to Start and activate the workflow.
6. If you want to customise the default recipe, you can Edit the recipe. The tab to customise your recipe opens up.
To understand the detailed scope of the recipes and options available to edit and customize it, you can refer to the steps below.
Freshservice User Sync
- This workflow enables you to sync data between BambooHR and Freshservice where as a default, all fields that are passed on to Freshservice via. the API installed can be updated on Freshservice as and when it is changed in BambooHR.
- You can edit the recipe, delete a step in between, change the mapping of fields between Freshservice and BambooHR, copy a step, duplicate or customize advanced trigger settings, and more.
- Let’s see how best to use this workflow so that you can accommodate your business needs.
Let’s start with an example of the default ‘Freshservice User Sync’ recipe setting.
Whenever there is an update in an employee record or the addition of a new employee, this workflow is triggered, and actions to update the records and relevant employee details happen automatically.
Onboarding is another out-of-the-box workflow that is available in addition to the above workflow. This recipe can also be extensively customized according to your business needs.
2. The widget will be turned off by default. To enable this setting, turn on the BambooHR widget toggle.
3. This set-up is two pronged
a. Toggle to enable the visibility of the widget inside the ticket details page
b. The list of fields that needs to be shown on the widget
4. You can understand how the widget will be displayed from the sample image shown on the right side panel for your reference.
5. These are the following fields that will be available to be synced between the two apps
a. Employee Details
- Employee name
- Employee ID
- Employee Department
b. Employment Details
- Employee Status
- Employee Designation
- Reporting Manager
- Name and Email
- Start Date
- Cost Center
Once the data between BambooHR and Freshservice starts syncing up, you can choose to display a select set of these user fields for your Freshservice agents to quickly access in the format of a widget.
This widget will be available within the tickets details page when the agent is handling a ticket of a specific requester/employee.
6. Based on the fields that you select here, a BambooHR widget will be available on each ticket for quick context of the employee for the agent to process the ticket. (refer 'Sample of the fetched data' in the image below)
7. Once you check and select the fields that you want to be synced between the apps, you can click on Save.
8. Once you've set up the Recipes and Widget Settings, you can go to the Overview tab to understand your recipe's performance and the usage metrics for your specific set up.
The Overview tab also helps you understand the total number of tasks that you've consumed (based on which your billing for the app will happen). It also helps you have a consolidated view of the number of successful job vs. failed jobs for a given recipe.
Refer to the FAQ section at the end to understand what 'a task' is.
How to use the Preview tab
1. Once you've set up all the recipes you need for your specific use cases, you can Preview each recipes when needed.
2. In the Preview window you have a set of tabs that gives you more granular details of your live recipes.
e. Test Cases
3. You will also have a separate call out on your right-side panel show the
- Current status of your recipe: Inactive or Active
- Total number of Successful and Failed jobs
- A link that takes you to the Overview dashboard
How to access BambooHR information from your tickets details page?
1. Go to the relevant ticket that needs attention.
2. If your BambooHR integration is enabled, you will see a BambooHR widget on the right-side panel.
3. You can quickly see a summary of the most updated information on that specific employee without having to switch tools or tabs.
4. If you wish to change your BambooHR Settings and Configuration, you can use the shortcut from the same card - BambooHR Configuration.
For any further assistance, please contact email@example.com
Pricing and Billing
The pricing model for BambooHR integration is usage based pricing. You are billed based on the number of tasks that you consume while running the recipes. (To understand what are tasks and other billing related information, check the FAQ section at the end of this article)
|Price point per pack
|Connector App Pack (Freshservice)
|Same as your subscription cycle
If you wish to top-up inbetween your billing cycle you can visit the UBX page and purchase additional 5000 task pack.
Steps to follow to add more tasks and top-up
1. Go to Settings > Connector Apps
2. Now on the right-hand top corner of the screen, you can choose the Purchase tasks option.
3. This will take you to the Plans and Billing page where you can top-up by buying the Connector Apps Tasks Pack.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are tasks? And how is that relevant for billing and payment when the customer starts using the live app?
A task is any operation that happens between two apps. Ex: To create an employee in Freshservice when a contact is created in Workday, 1 task is consumed to check if there is an existing employee and 1 task is consumed to create the employee.
Is there a possibility to trial the integration once it's live?
Yes. You will be given 500 tasks for free to trial the app. Once your 500 tasks have been consumed, you can purchase the add-on to get additional tasks.
How will I monitor my task consumption?
You will be able to see the available tasks & tasks consumed from within a dashboard in the app. You will get an email whenever you are close to consuming all your tasks.
What happens when I consume all my tasks?
Once you exhaust this limit, all your workflows will stop working. If you are signed up for auto-recharge, there will be an auto-purchase of tasks once all tasks have been consumed so there’s no delay in service.
How do I pay for these tasks? What is the price point for the apps under the integration hub?
$50 recurring add-on for 5000 tasks. You can buy multiple packs and it will be tied to your parent billing period.
How can customers purchase additional packs for the data sync app?
Customers can purchase the add-on via the subscription page or by reaching out to their CSM/Support.
Will my additional pack be carried forward?
No. All additional packs have validity until the end of your billing cycle regardless of the date of purchase.
Does the session expire every month?
Tasks refresh at the end of the billing cycle. The number of tasks depends on what you have purchased.
Do I have to purchase tasks for each app in the integration hub separately?
No, the tasks can be consumed across multiple apps that you use.
What happens in case a sync fails?
Failed jobs will be available on your customer dashboard. We can also investigate it from our end and ensure that the error is fixed and your data is up to date.
Who do I reach out to if I have any queries regarding these apps?
You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will evaluate your requirements/query and get back to you.
If you are a new prospect, your Solution Engineer will help.
If you are an existing customer, you can reach out to your CSM.