About the integration:
Pipe in the alerts from Sumo Logic to create enriched and aggregated alerts in Freshservice. Cut the clutter when monitoring your cloud infrastructure.
You can also set alert rules to create contextual incidents to route them to the right team for a quick resolution.
Configuration in Freshservice:
Head to the Admin panel, scroll to IT Operations Management, and select Monitoring Tools.
You are now on the Monitoring Tools list page. Select Add monitoring tool to add a new integration.
You will see a list of pre-configured integrations, the gateway to custom integration using webhooks, and the option to use email as a channel for alerts. Select Sumo Logic.
A URL and auth-Key will be generated. You will require this to set up the integration in Sumo Logic.
Configuration in Sumo Logic:
- Log into your Sumo Logic account.
- Navigate to Manage Data> Monitoring> Connections.
- Click on the + icon on your top right corner.
- Select Webhook from the options listed.
- Create a new webhook connection by filling in the following details:
- Add a name and a description.
- Paste the URL generated in step 4 of freshservice configuration in the URL field.
- Paste the following JSON in the payload field
- Click on Test Connection. On getting a successful response, save the integration.
- To create an alert go to Manage Data> Monitoring> Monitors.
- Click on Add> New Monitor.
- Configure the conditions based on which you want the alert to fire.
- Under the notification section, choose connection created in step 5 as connection type.
You are now ready to receive alerts in Freshservice whenever the monitoring condition in Sumo Logic are statisfied