Use the AWS Cloud discovery app to gain visibility into cloud resources such as Virtual machines, Disks, and more across your AWS accounts.
The AWS Cloud Discovery App discovers virtual assets across your AWS accounts and syncs them into the Freshservice CMDB, providing a single pane of glass to view and manage your cloud resources. The resources discovered currently include:-
Instances (Virtual Machines)
OS Templates and images
Networks (VPCs) and Subnets
To install and authenticate this app, you will need to provide the following inputs
1. Secret Key
2. Access Key
To get these keys first, you need to perform the following steps:
1. Login to your AWS management console.
2. Create a user under Services > IAM > Users > Add User.
3. Navigate to IAM > Users > Select the created user > Add Permissions.
4. From the list of existing policies, select the checkbox for ReadOnlyAccess and add the policy.
Note: If you're using the credentials of an AWS admin account, you do not have to assign a policy.
Steps to get the AWS credentials
1. Use AWS account ID /account alias, IAM user name, and password to sign in to the IAM console.
2. In the search bar, search for Users. Choose a username from the list and select Security Credentials.
3. To create an access key, select Create New Access Key. If this feature is disabled, delete one of the existing keys before creating a new one.
Note: You can view or download the secret access key only once.
4. To copy the key for reference, select Show Access Key.
5. To save the access key ID and secret access key as a .csv file choose Download Key File.
Steps for installation with AWS Security Credentials:
Once you login into your account on the AWS Console
1. Navigate to search for “IAM”. Select “Users” from the menu on the left.
2. On the Users page, select the user and navigate to the “Security credentials” section.
3. Scroll down to find the “Access Key” section of the page.
4. Copy the existing Access and Secret Key if you have stored it and paste it into the AWS app on the Freshservice page.
5. You can create a new Access key by clicking on “Create Access Key”, finally copy and paste the Access key into the AWS app on the Freshservice page.
Note: The old integration with AWS will continue to work, but any new capabilities will be built into the latest discovery app for AWS.