Perform operations in Okta using workflows and track apps, users, and usage in Freshservice
The Okta application lets you automate repeatable actions within Freshservice and also helps you track accurate usage information for SaaS Management.
Orchestration apps give you the ability to automate several repeatable actions that span across a diverse set of systems by performing specific actions with Freshservice Workflows.
The list of actions supported for this app include:
- Get User with ID
- Get User with Login
- Get User with Login Shortname
- Create User with Password
- Update User Profile with ID
- Activate User
- Reactivate User
- Deactivate User
- Unlock User
- Reset Password
- Suspend User
- Unsuspend User
- Delete User
- Reset Factors
- Clear User Sessions
- Expire Password
- Change Password
- Forgot Password
- Set Recovery Question
- Change Recovery Question
- Add Use to Multiple Groups
- Add Group
- Get Group
- Get Group by Name
- Update Group
- Add User to Group
- Add User to Multiple Groups
- Remove User from Group
- Remove Group
- Assign a Role to a User
- Get application
- Activate application
- Deactivate application
- Get assigned user for the application
- Get assigned group for application
- Remove user from the application
- Delete application
- Assign group to application
- Get assigned user for application
- Remove group from application
Freshservice’s direct integrations for SaaS management enable accurate and reliable user and usage data discovery. Integrate with Okta to:
Discover and track the usage of apps that employees authenticate using Okta.
Manage users and their data for these apps
Track their 60-day login history in Freshservice with a 24-hour sync ensuring updated information.
This integration requires the SaaS Management Add-on. More details can be found here.
To use this integration for SaaS Management,
- Enable the SaaS Discovery toggle and provide the Freshservice Domain Name & the Agent API Key.
Note: To know more about what SaaS Discovery is, click here.
- Click Verify.
- Once the verification is successful, Click Add and complete the installation by clicking on Install.
Note: The first sync might take a couple of hours depending on your data load.
To install and authenticate this app you will need to provide the following inputs
API Token Key
To obtain the Organization URL (also called an Okta domain):
Sign in to your Okta organization with your administrator account
Look for the Okta domain at the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
Note: Domains should be added with "https" only
Your Okta domain looks like this:
To obtain the API Token Key:
Okta API tokens are used to authenticate requests to Okta APIs.
To create an API token, follow these steps:
Sign in to your Okta organization as a user with administrator privileges
Access the API page:
• If you use the Developer Console, select Tokens from the API menu
• If you use the Administrator Console (Classic UI), select API from the Security menu, and then select Tokens
Click Create Token
Name your token and click Create Token
Record the token value. This is the only opportunity to see it and record it
Now that you've successfully installed the Okta orchestration app, please have a look at the sample use case below to show how the app can be used efficiently.