Time tracking helps project members track the time they spend on tasks. This helps you get an idea about how much time is being spent on a particular task. Project managers can also export the time entries as a .csv for any additional reporting.
How to add time to the task?
1. Open any of the tasks from “Tasks” > Scroll down to time entries section in the window that pops open
2. Click on "+New" to add a new time entry
3. On the time entry form, you can specify information such as how much time was spent, is it billable, additional notes to describe the time spent. Click "Add time" once you have filled this information.
4. The new time entry will be listed on the item along with its billable information. The overall time spent value is also updated based on the new time entry.
Seeing time spent information on the items list view
Project members can also see the time spent on items right in the list view without having to go inside an item. In the column customization feature, two new fields called "Time spent" and "Billable time spent".
To add this customization feature
A. Go to “Tasks” module > choose list/group view to see all your tasks lined up
NOTE - Time tracking as a column is not possible in Board.
B. Click on the settings icon for the column
C. You can choose these 2 fields and update the column configurations, this would be “time spent” and “billable time spent”
Once you do this, time spent information will be shown in the items list view.
How to export time entries from a project?
Project managers can export time entries from a project as a .csv file for reporting. To do this,
1. Go to project Settings > General
2. An option called "Export time entries" will be present under the time entries feature toggle.
3. While exporting, project managers can specify the date range from which they want to export time tries. In addition to this, time entries for a specific user can also be filtered and exported.