Note: We've updated our pricing and packaging. This feature is available on Estate & Forest plans for customers who signed up before Nov 2nd 2020.
With organizations constantly changing and growing, it’s important to ensure that processes are created with increased durability. Setting up rigid processes and tools makes adapting to the changing needs of your business tedious.
With custom objects, improve the durability of your workflows with a single source of truth to reference information from. Custom objects let you maintain all your related information in a single object and makes alterations and updations a simple process.
Note: To read more about detailed use cases in which custom objects can be used in creating workflows, please refer to this article.
Creating a Custom Object
1. Navigate to Admin > Helpdesk Productivity > Custom Objects
2. Click on New Custom Object
3. Enter a Name and a Description for your Custom Object and click on Create.
Adding Object Fields and Object Records
Consider the custom object to be a table to capture data. Then,
Object Fields are the categories or columns in the table to capture information.
Objects Records are the rows or a horizontal grouping of fields. The information in object fields is unique to an object record.
To add Object Fields,
Under the Object Fields Tab, click on Add Object Field.
Enter the name of the Object Field.
You can choose the object field’s type to be one of the following:
Lookup - Currently accepted sources for lookups: Assets, Agents, Departments, Groups, Locations, Requesters, Service Items
Dropdown - Create drop-down fields to reference properties from tickets, problems, changes, release, requesters, and service items.
If you want the entry to this field to be mandatory, mark the Required checkbox.
Similarly, add all the object fields you would require for your custom object.
To add Object Records,
1. Under the Object Records Tab, click on Add Object Record.
2. Now add all the relevant data into the object fields to create a record.
3. Click on Save once done.
4. You can now use this custom object in workflows in your automator. You can refer to this article to understand some detailed use cases to create intelligent automation with custom objects.
- Custom Objects will be available only on new Sandbox accounts. Any customers with active Sandbox accounts will not be able to use it without syncing and then creating their Sandbox environment again. Asset lookups are not supported for Sandbox copy and sync.
- Paragraph fields cannot be used as filters in the reader node.