In this article, we'll discuss,
In Freshservice, you can create new roles and specify what actions agents can perform within your service desk. This allows you to tailor agent access to match their job responsibilities for each feature in your service desk. These features include:
- Tickets: Can the agent view, forward, or reply to a ticket?
- Problems: Can the agent view or make changes to problems?
- Changes: Can the agent view or edit the properties of changes?
- Releases: Can the agent view or edit releases?
- Alerts: Can the agent view and manage alerts?
- On-call Schedules: Can the agent view and manage on-call Schedules?
- Inventory: Can the agent view, create, or manage the asset and its cost?
- Contracts: Can the agent view or delete contracts?
- Purchase Orders: Can the agent view and manage Purchase Orders?
- Projects: Can the agent work on and manage projects
- Announcements: Can the agent create an announcement?
- Solution: Can the agent create a category or publish a solution?
- Reports: Can the agent generate reports?
- Administration: What level of admin access will this agent have?
Note: All agents can still view tickets. However, you can limit their visibility based on the scope you set. Additionally, agents can add notes and create solutions as drafts, but only those with publish permission can publish them.
Levels of admin access
You can create three levels of admin control for roles, including:
- Create users with no access to admin controls at all.
You can specify whether an Account Administrator may or may not access Account and Billing information.
Creating a Custom Role:
To create a custom role,
- Navigate to Admin > User Management > Roles and click on New Role.
- Enter a name and description for the role.
- Select the appropriate privileges under the given modules like Tickets, Problems, Changes, Releases etc
- Specify the scope under each section to define the actions that an agent can perform when assigned the role.
- Once you're done, click Save.
You can now choose to clone an existing role using the clone button next to a roleor apply it to an agent by editing or creating the agent's profile.