While integrating Amazon CloudWatch in Freshservice, you’ll be required to provide a Role ARN. Here’s how to get one (You might already be on Step 3. In that case, simply continue from that point):
1. Login to your Freshservice account as an admin. Then from the Admin console, click on Integrations.
2. From the list of integrations, toggle the switch to enable Amazon CloudWatch. If it’s already enabled click on ‘Amazon CloudWatch’.
3. Click on Add Account. It should take you to a page similar to the one shown below- type a name for this account; you’ll need the Account ID and the External ID in a minute.
4. In a new tab login to your AWS console. Go to Services> Administration & Security> IAM.
5. Go to Roles> Create New Role.
6. Enter a name for the Role and click on Next Step.
7. Click on Role for Cross-Account Access and select Allows IAM users from a 3rd party AWS account to access this account.
8. Enter the Account ID and the External ID (from Step 3). Uncheck the Require MFA box and click on Next Step.
9. On the Attach Policy page, select ReadOnlyAccess and CloudWatchFullAccess, and click on Next Step.
10. Now you’ll get the Role ARN. Copy it and click Create Role.
11. Go back to the Freshservice Add AWS Account page (The previous tab- Step 3). Paste the Role ARN there and click on Fetch Services. This displays a list of all the services that CloudWatch alarms are set for.
12. Select the ones you want to set alerts for and click on Save.
The CloudWatch account is now integrated with your Freshservice account. Alarms in CloudWatch will be converted into tickets in Freshservice. To help distinguish these tickets from incidents, they are categorized as ‘alerts’.