Freshservice lets you add time entries to different tickets, problems, changes and releases and makes it easy for you to track time spent on different kinds of activities. At the end of the day, you will be able to figure out how much time each agent has spent providing support on an issue and thereby gain a deeper visibility on overall helpdesk performance. Your agents can either choose to use automatic start and stop timers to track progress or manually log the time and detail any activities during this period.
Freshservice automatically stops timers whenever an agent moves on to do some other activity, or even starts working on a different ticket. This ensure that time entires don't go through the roof even if an agent forgets to stop a running timer.
Quick guide to track time automatically on:
- Open any ticket, problem change or release.
- Look for the section at the bottom of the sidebar which says Time Tracking.
- Click on Add Time.
- To automatically start tracking time, click Start Timer and continue working on the ticket.
- A new time entry is added to the ticket.
- Click on the Clock icon in the time entry once to Stop Timer.
- You can click on the Clock icon again at any time to restart the timer.
- Click on Edit within the time entry to edit details, add activities or enter comments.
- Check the box against Mark as Billable Entry to log this entry as billable in your timesheet reports.
- For non-billable time spent, uncheck this box.
- Click Update when done.
Quick guide to adding time entries manually:
Open any ticket, problem change or release.
Look for the section at the bottom of the sidebar which says Time Tracking.
Click on Add Time.
Enter the amount of time spent on this ticket under Hours.
Add comments or detail activities done under Note.
Click Save to record this time entry.
You can edit your logged time entries by clicking on Edit corresponding to the entry.