We've updated our pricing and packaging. This feature is available on Garden, Estate & Forest plans for customers who signed up before Nov 2nd 2020
Freshservice lets you assign assets/CIs to different departments and users in your organization. It makes it easy for department heads and managers to control who gets to use an asset.
You can also assign a manager for the assets/CI directly from the properties.
Quick guide to assigning assets to users and departments
- Login to Freshservice as an administrator or technician.
- Click on the Assets -> Inventory tab.
- Browse through your assets and find the configuration item you are looking for.
- Look for the Properties section on the sidebar.
- Try assigning the asset/CI to someone by using the Used by field.
- Similarly, assign the asset/CI to a department if necessary.
- Click on the Save button to finalize your changes.