We've updated our pricing and packaging. This feature is available on Garden, Estate & Forest plans for customers who signed up before Nov 2nd 2020
In addition to having your assets scanned by the discovery probe, Freshservice also lets you add configurations to your helpdesk manually. This is useful when you want to keep track of a system that is outside your network, or with any consumable items and peripherals.
These assets will become a part of your CMDB/Asset Management module and can have properties and relationships just like the ones discovered automatically.
A quick guide to manually adding a configuration item to Freshservice:
- Login to Freshservice as an Admin.
- Click on Assets -> Inventory from the navigation.
- Click on the Add New button on the top right corner.
- Fill in the name, type, impact, and description for the CI/asset.
- Enter the Hardware properties such as Product, Vendor, Asset State, Warranty, etc depending on the type of asset you're creating.
- If necessary, you can assign it to a department in your helpdesk or have it assigned it to a specific requester directly. You will also be able to choose who manages the asset.
- Click on the Save button on top to finish adding the asset.
Your new asset now gets added to the CMDB/Asset Management module. You can browse through your existing CIs/assets and start managing it in any way you want.
Determining the Cost of the Assets
You can define the value of the services offered to clients by taking into account all costs. This can be done while creating a new asset within your Inventory. You can capture information related to the Cost of the asset, the Salvage value, and the Depreciation type.
Assigning the Asset to Departments
You can assign assets at a Department level, Group level, User-level, and at an Agent level while configuring a new asset in the Inventory.
Attaching Files and Asset Contract Documentation
You can add additional information while creating an asset by attaching files and other documentation related to the asset such as invoices, purchase orders, receipts, proofs of purchase, etc. Simply click Choose File and select files from your desktop/laptop to upload them.
Creating Baselines for Assets
We can define a new asset called the Baseline Asset to compare updated asset records against the baseline records. For example, for A Linux server, we can create a new server asset and call it the baseline Linux server. This will have the recommended configuration and if any of the discovered Linux servers don't match this record, then that becomes a deviation, thereby highlighting mismatches and against the baseline asset.