When you have parts of your support team working across different regions, times or time-zones, managing the working hours of each group becomes a hassle. Each center wakes up at a different time, so it makes sense to align SLA timers with the center's business hours.
Multiple business hours in Freshservice allows you to create a different set of working hours and holidays. You can then set these business hours to specific groups.
Why do you need another business hour?
When your whole team sits out of one big office, and come in and go out together, just having one set of "official business hours" sounds alright. But when your team works out of multiple centers, or at different timings, it makes sense for you to lay down a separate set of business hours for each team.
When would you set up another set of business hours?
- Centers at NYC and LON: If you have a geographically distributed team working across multiple time zones, setting up a different business hour for each center makes sense.
- Different teams to manage different climes: If you've split your Global Support Teams by the regions from which customers raise support issues, you might want each set of agents to work on the same hours as the customers they help.
- Day Workers and Night Owls: If you have special teams that rotate your 24*7 support center by jumping in at different shifts, you might want to formalize the working hours of each group.
There are two major steps involved in setting up multiple business hours:
Create a new set of Business Hours: First, you need to define the new Business Calendar by setting the working hours and holidays for this calendar.
Quick Guide to creating multiple business hours:
Go to Admin > Business Hours.
There will be one default business hour option already. Click on Create New.
You can create new business hours based on either location or a specific team.
You can import holidays as shown according to whichever country the team is working from.
Once the multiple business hours have been set, You now have to assign them to the groups.
Quick guide to assigning specific business hours to different groups:
- Click on Admin > User Management > Groups. Here too, you will have groups based on location and teams.
- Select the group you want to assign the business hours to and click on the Edit option. Here the billing team has been assigned sydney business hours.