Apart from your default ticket forms, Freshservice lets you customize and add additional fields for tickets, problems, changes, and releases. These are called Form fields and can be used to drive additional context and also for other purposes such as categorization, logging in important parameters or automating tasks in your service desk.
You can, of course, add your own custom fields like text boxes, drop downs etc. when you are customizing field templates.
Quick guide to Customizing the New Ticket Form:
- Click on Admin > Form Fields.
- Choose any of the options available, either Ticket, Problem, Change or Release Fields.
- Click on any field to open the field editor.
- Customize the name of the field for both agents and customers.
- You can choose to make the field mandatory when agents create or resolve a ticket.
- You can choose whether the field is visible to customers when they log a new ticket from your portal, whether they can edit it, and if it is a required field when the submit the ticket.
- You can also add your own custom fields by dragging a field type and dropping them on the ticket form.
- Drag and move fields within the form to organize them in the form.
- Click Save to save this form
When you are done, try creating a new ticket, problem, change or release templates to check how your ticket form has come up.
Note: It is not possible to modify or delete the default fields in the field templates.