Sometimes, your agents tend to create new problems for issues that have already been reported or have been resolved in the past. During these occasions, the problem can be marked as a known issue from the sidebar to denote that they will be getting fixed eventually.
The next step would be to attach a permanent or workaround solution to the problem. You can scan through your knowledge base for any solution articles that deal specifically with the problem, or write one yourself on the fly. When there’s a permanent solution available, you could even go ahead and close the problem. On the other hand, if a fix is on the way, you could attach a workaround solution and request a change.
Quick guide attaching a permanent or workaround solution to a problem:
- Open up any problem in your service desk from the Dashboard or Problems tab.
- Click on the Add Permanent / Workaround link present at the bottom of the problem.
- Search for relevant solution articles from your knowledge base to insert into your article.
- In case you don’t have anything documented, you could click on Add new solution to create one without leaving the problem.
- Once you are done including the permanent or workaround solution, click on the Add button to finalize the changes.