Sometimes, your agents tend to create new problems for issues that have already been reported or have been resolved in the past. During these occasions, the problem can be marked as a known issue from the sidebar to denote that they will be getting fixed eventually.
The next step would be to add a permanent solution or a workaround to the problem. You can browse through your existing knowledge base for any solution articles that deal specifically with the problem or draft a new article on the fly. When there’s a permanent solution available, you could even go ahead and close the problem. On the other hand, if a fix is on the way, you could attach a workaround solution and request a change.
To add a permanent solution or workaround to a problem
- Click on the Problems button on the left pane and select All Problems from the Problems dropdown.
Note: If you’ve created specific Problems view pages, you can also select those from the dropdown options.
- Under Solution click on the + Add Permanent/Workaround link.
- Type in the search bar to browse through relevant solution articles from your existing knowledge base. Select an article to add.
- If you don’t have any documentation, click Add a new solution to create a new article.
- Fill in the required details such as Solution Title and Description.
- Click on the Add button to save your changes.