Once a problem has been created in your service desk, the first thing you probably want to do is find out what’s causing it and what is the impact it will have on your users. The easiest way to share any progress with respect to the problem is by adding reports Root Cause Analysis and Impact Analysis and record it in your helpdesk.
Freshservice lets you update your problem with additional root causes, impact and symptoms easily. You can also attach relevant documents and files to the problem to bring in additional context to the issue that is under discussion.
Quick guide to adding Root Cause or Impact Analysis reports:
- Open any problem in your service from the Dashboard or Problems tab.
- Below the original problem report, click on Add Root Cause / Impact / Symptom.
- Alternatively, you can also click on the Update button on the navigation bar and choose any of these options from the dropdown list.
- In the dialog box that appears, type in any information you want to specify about the Root Cause, Impact or Symptom.
- If you want to attach any files to the problem, click on the Browse button and upload any files from your system.
- Click on the Add button to save your changes.
Similarly, you can also add notes to your problem by clicking on the Notes tab and share progress with other agents in your team.