(Please note that this article is applicable only to accounts that have been notified about the presence of unsupported ticket types enabled in specific workspaces)
Newly launched distinctions between IT and Business workspaces
To provide a purpose-built product experience for business teams, some distinctions have been introduced between IT workspaces and Business workspaces.
Ticket type and workspace type mismatch as a possible consequence
As per the above-mentioned distinctions, workspaces that have any other combination of ticket types enabled will no longer be supported.
Here are the possible scenarios:
- IT workspaces with Case/Query/Issue/Request as the enabled ticket type.
- Business workspaces with Service Request/Incident + Service Request as the enabled ticket type(s).
- Any workspace with Incident + Case/Query/Issue/Request as the enabled ticket types.
How to update the ticket types for a workspace
For the workspace that you have been notified about, update the ticket type as follows. If the template type has been communicated to you, you can directly skip to Step 2.
1. Identify the workspace type: For the workspace you've been notified of, you need to first identify the template used to create the workspace. If the IT template was used, the workspace is of type 'IT'. If any business template was used (HR, Facilities, Finance, Legal, General), the workspace is of type 'Business'. For ‘Blank’ workspaces, the type is determined by the value of the ‘business function’ chosen during creation. If IT was chosen, the type is 'IT'. Otherwise, it's 'Business'.
A quick way to check this is by creating a dummy agent group in the workspace and checking the value of the 'business function' field within agent group settings. If it's IT, the workspace type is IT. If it's anything else, it's of type 'Business'.
2. IT template workspaces support 'Incident' and 'Service Request' whereas Business template workspaces support 'Case','Query','Issue' and 'Request'. Depending on the workspace type, you can enable the right ticket types from Workspace settings > Field Manager > Ticket Fields. After enabling the new ticket types, you will continue to see the old ticket types in your settings till 31st August.
Impact on workspace configurations
Please note that enabling other ticket types might impact your configurations such as workflows, analytics etc in case the admin has referred the old ticket type values in these configurations (for example, there is a specific workflow that triggers only for Incidents). Please update these configurations at the same time so that your operations are not impacted.
In case you need an exhaustive list of impacted configurations for your account, please write to us at email@example.com.
What happens after you update the ticket type?
After the ticket type has been updated, you will continue to see the unsupported ticket types in your settings. After that, the new distinctions will be applied to your account and only the supported ticket types will be available in your workspace settings. In addition, any historical/old tickets will be auto-updated to the new ticket type as per the below rule:
1. IT template workspace with Incident + Case/Query/Issue/Request as enabled ticket types> The new ticket types will be Incident + Service Request and any old will be converted to a Service Request without any loss of information.
2. IT template workspace with Case/Query/Issue/Request as enabled ticket types > The new ticket type will be Service Request and any old will be converted to a Service Request without any loss of information.
3. Business template workspace with Incident + Case/Query/Issue/Request as enabled ticket types > Incident will be turned OFF and any old will be converted to the other business ticket type that's enabled.
4. Business template workspace with Incident + Service Request as enabled ticket types > Incident will be turned OFF and will be replaced by 'Request' (a business ticket type). Any old will also be converted into a "Request".
5. Business template workspace with Service Request as enabled ticket type > will be replaced by 'Request' (a business ticket type). Any old will also be converted into a "Request".
To understand the impact of updating a ticket's type, please read this article.
For any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.