You can update AWS cloud assets in bulk by importing a CSV file. Here are some general guidelines on importing AWS cloud assets.
1. Create a separate file for each asset type since you can only import one asset type in one go.
2. In the below table, refer to the respective new asset type for each of the Native AWS cloud resources. If you have custom fields in the Native AWS asset type, please create them under the new AWS Cloud Discovery asset type and map them during the import.
3. Navigate to Admin → Inventory → Import.
4. Select the Asset Type to import and upload the CSV file.
5. Choose how to Match Records in the CSV with assets in Freshservice. You can match records by Display Name or Asset Tag.
6. Freshservice automatically maps the fields in your CSV based on the header in the CSV. The values of the first asset entry in the CSV file are also shown as an example next to the mapping.
7. Review this mapping and make any changes as needed. Ensure the date format selected and the date format in the CSV match if you wish to update any date fields.
8. While importing, please ensure you are mapping the item ID with the below unique identifiers.
9. Click Import to start the import process.
10. Once the import is complete, you will get an import status and a quick summary of errors encountered during the import. An email with an import status report will also be sent to the user who initiated the report once the import is completed.