Freshservice’s integration with BeyondTrust Remote Support is meant to make providing support even more seamless. Starting a remote session in BeyondTrust Remote Support is now as easy as clicking a button on the support ticket. When the session ends, the session details, along with the system information and the transcript of the entire chat will be saved to the ticket.
Note: Bomgar is now rebranded to BeyondTrust Remote Support. Integrating with BeyondTrust Remote Support is now possible by the OAuth method of authentication. Please refer to the steps below to enable the integration in Freshservice.
Generating Client ID and Client Secret in BeyondTrust
- To generate a new Client ID and Client secret login into your BeyondTrust account, go to the Management section from the sidebar, then select the API Configuration from the menu header.
- Click the “Add” button under “API Accounts”.
- Provide a name for the API account, enable the following permissions, and create it by clicking the “Save” button.
Command API - Full Access
Reporting API - Allow Access to Support Session Reports and Recordings
Configuration API - Allow access
Configuring BeyondTrust Remote Support in Freshservice
1. Provide your Freshservice domain URL (https://your-domain.freshservice.com) and Freshservice API Key and click on the "Validate" button.
2. Provide your BeyondTrust domain URL (https://your-domain.beyondtrustcloud.com)
3. Then enter your BeyondTrust Client ID and Client secret.
4. Click on the “Install” button to install the app.
Adding Freshservice Webhook to BeyondTrust
- Once the app is installed, choose "Edit Settings" from the "Settings" button. The app will list the "Webhook URL" in the app configuration page.
- Copy the "Webhook URL".
- Go to the BeyondTrust app, and select “Management” from the sidebar.
- Click on the “Outbound Events” menu, and click on the “Add” button under the “HTTP Recipients” menu.
Enter a name for the event.
Paste the copied URL to the “URL” field.
Enable the “Send Custom fields” check box.
Select the “Support Session End” event from the “Events to send” menu.
Click on the “Save” button.
Adding Custom Fields in BeyondTrust
- Go to the BeyondTrust application, and select “Configuration” from the sidebar.
- Select the “Custom Fields” headers.
- Add the following data to the Custom fields.
Linking your Freshservice account with your BeyondTrust Remote Support account
1. Login to your BeyondTrust Remote Support account as an admin.
2. Navigate to Management > API Configuration and enable the Enable XML API checkbox.
3. Navigate to Configuration > Custom Fields. Then add two custom fields with codenames "agent_id" and "requester_id". They will be used by us for all the API calls.
4. To provide Admin privileges to the user associated here, go to Users & Security > Users and click Edit. On the User Settings page, select the checkbox next to Is Administrator.
5. Then add the outbound event in BeyondTrust. To do that, go to Management > Outbound Events. Click Add New HTTP Recipient.
6. Enter a name. In the URL field, enter <your_freshservice_url>/integrations/beyondtrust/session_end (e.g. https://mycompany.freshservice.com/integrations/beyondtrust/session_end).
7. In Events to Send, check the box next to Support Session End and then click Add Recipient.
8. To configure the ticket's link to show in the BeyondTrust Representative Console, go to Rep Console > Custom Links and enter the URL in the format: <your_freshservice_url>/helpdesk/tickets/%EXTERNAL_KEY% (e.g. https://mycompany.freshservice.com/helpdesk/tickets/%EXTERNAL_KEY%)
Once you enable the integration on both accounts, you can start a BeyondTrust session from:
The ticket description page (provided that an asset is attached to the ticket).
The asset attached to the ticket (provided that the ticket has been assigned to an agent).
The asset entry in the CMDB (even when there is no ticket).
The self service portal (end users can start a
chat-only session, which the support agent can elevate to a remote access one).
To use one of the first three options, make sure that the CI is pinned as a 'Jump Client' in BeyondTrust and its 'Hostname' is updated in Freshservice.
In cases where a session is created without a ticket, from the CMDB, the portal, or from the BeyondTrust representative console, a ticket will be created automatically and the session details will be added to it.